Sunday, March 22, 2009

Garlic Parmesan Orzo



I wanted to make a new side dish for dinner the other night, you know step out of my box and try something new. I had box of Orzo pasta in the pantry so I figured why not use it. Orzo cooks so fast and when united with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese it just makes such a unique and wonderful side dish.


2 C. - Uncooked Orzo Pasta
2 Tbs. - Minced Garlic
½ C. - Butter (cubed)
½ C. - Parmesan Cheese
¼ C. - Milk
2 Tbs. - Parsley
1 Tsp. -Salt
¼ Tsp. - Pepper

Cook the Orzo according to the box directions, meanwhile in a large frying pan sauté the garlic in butter until tender. When the pasta is done drain it and add it to the frying pan, stir in the remaining ingredients then stir and heat through.


Click here to Print Recipe...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Any kind of rice with garlic and Parmesan sounds yummy to me. This looks good!!

teresa said...

I LOVE orzo, it's such a fun pasta to eat, this looks wonderful!

Selba said...

I've never tried orzo before but the garlic and parmesan cheese must be wonderful :)

Sara said...

I really like orzo, this looks like a great side dish to try.

Donna-FFW said...

The most perfect side dish! Simple, loaded with flavor, and goes with most anything!

Jennifer said...

Great minds really do think alike, last week I made a very similar recipe with Orzo, and I am making it again tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love orzo! Sounds wonderful with parmesan and garlic!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

That looks so good! The picture is gorgeous and the slices of blood orange, put it over the top!

Debbie said...

Orzo, parmesan and garlic - in one dish equals fantastic!!!

Jennifer said...

You should show your tats off next weekend!

Netts Nook said...

MaryBeth It looks great I love Orzo spice it up sounds and looks great.

Joie de vivre said...

Those blood oranges in the background make a beautiful visual contrast.

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.