Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mini Cheddar Garlic Popovers



When my husband and I were in Vegas for our honeymoon we had lunch at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, it was a fabulous meal, one that we have recreated at home many times. The one part of our wonderful meal we had never done was the cute little mini cheese popovers that they served us with our cream of asparagus soup. My husband simply could not get enough of these cheesy golden gems, I have made regular sized popovers for him before but there is something about the mini that he just loves. Maybe he looks at the size and figures he can consume more of them than the regular size, what ever it is we both just really love them.


3 Tsp. - Oil
¾ C. - Milk
1 - Egg
1 - Egg White
¾ C. - Flour
½ Tsp. - Johnny's Garlic Season
1/3 C. - Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray, place the muffin pan on a cookie sheet. Add 1/8 of a Tsp. Oil to the bottom of each cup. In a small bowl combine the milk, egg and egg white, mix well using a whisk. Add the flour and garlic season then mix well, once fully combined stir in the cheese. Warm the cookie sheet/muffin pan in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes, once heated divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 or until golden brown. Immediately remove popovers from the pan and serve warm.


Click here to Print Recipe...




17 comments:

test it comm said...

Cheesy popover sound really good!

Jennifer said...

Those look cheesy and yummy!

Donna-FFW said...

These sound like the perfect companion for soup, change from crusty bread. I am going to print this out. They sound good and look adorable!

Anonymous said...

ooo, I could eat a whole bowl of those scrumptious popovers!

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I don't have any of the Johnny's Garlic seasoning though. Could I substitute it with something else?

Anonymous said...

I've made something similar to these before - yum!

grace said...

what delicious little bites! i wish i knew what it was about miniature foods that makes them so irresistible!

Donna-FFW said...

Umm, MaryBeth, there is a little something for you at my blog, my newest post.. please pick it up:)

pigpigscorner said...

Looks and sounds really good! I ca't wait to have some with chili!

Kaitlin said...

Neat - these sound like the popover version of Red Lobster biscuits. Yum.

Sara said...

My family is crazy for popovers, usually I make them plain. I will try your version next time!

oneordinaryday said...

This sounds like it would work great as an hor dourve too. Thanks for the recipe.
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

MaryBeth said...

Jenny, You can use a mixture of garlic powder and onion powder in place of the Johnny's Garlic Season.

Anonymous said...

I've never made popovers before. I noticed there's no salt or baking soda in the recipe so I was just wondering if you used self-rising flour?

MaryBeth said...

csf97....I used just your basic all purpose flour to make these wonderful mini popovers.

Anonymous said...

i found these through foodgawker.com and man are they tasty! i added a tiny bit of baking powder, about 1 tsp, because i know my family likes airy treats, and they love them! the only complaint was lack of salt, so i sprinkled a little on the tops while they were still hot. thanks so much!

Willy @ TheFatLossAuthority.com said...

Sometimes it is the simple recipes that are the best! These are so easy to make and cute! We loved them and yes, there is the addiction factor since they are small, you don't realize how many you have eaten until they are gone!!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.