Thursday, February 26, 2009

Salmon Cakes



Here at Dunkin Cooking The Semi – Homemade Way we decided to step out of our box and try our hand at something a little different, we had a few recipes to choose from but the winner was a moist, flaky and very flavorful salmon cake. We were very amazed at just how easy and simple they really are to prepare, I always thought they would be more difficult to make but I guess you really never know until you just give it a try.


Salmon Cakes:


2 - Eggs (beaten)
1 C. - Milk
2 Tbs. - Lemon Juice
3 C. - Coarsely Crushed Garlic Club Crackers
2 Tsp. - Onion (minced)
2 Tsp. - Garlic (chopped)
½ Tsp. - Dill Weed
¼ Tsp. - Salt
¼ Tsp. - Pepper
2 Cans - Salmon (14 ¾ oz) Drained, Bones & Skin Removed
3 ½ Oz. - Box Panko Crumbs


Kicked Up Tarter:

¼ C. - Tarter Sauce
1 ½ Tbs. - Dijonnaise
1/8 Tsp. - Cayenne

In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, lemon juice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, dill weed and crackers. Add the salmon and mix well. Shape into 12 3-in cakes and coat with the panko crumbs. Place onto a well greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes . Once done baking, cook in a deep fryer at 350 degrees for about 30 seconds per side or until golden and crispy. While the cakes are cooking and draining on paper towel mix your sauce ingredients together. Serve your salmon cakes with a dollop of the kicked up sauce.


Click here to Print Recipe...



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cakes looks so yummy and crispy - I bet they are just wonderful! Yum!

Jennifer said...

Sorry I missed them, they look reall good

Donna-FFW said...

My oh MY, they look good. Can you sub crabmeat, I guess? Love the kicked up starter!! How did you get your cakes so perfectly round?

Anonymous said...

Im afraid if I make that mine would just fall off :) but like you said, you'll never know until you give it a try...so I'll definitely try this one!

Bunny said...

I 'm bookmarking this, my hubby loves salmon cakes and I want to try your recipe for them!

Lori said...

These salmon cakes look great! I think I will try these!

Sophia Lee said...

yum, that looks great! can I use regular WW breadcrumbs instead of the crackers?

grace said...

i make no secret of the fact that salmon isn't something i enjoy, but i truly like what you've done here! bravo, marybeth. :)

Amy said...

I've never had salmon cakes before but your recipe makes me want to try them!

test it comm said...

Those salmon cakes look perfectly golden brown and good!

Kaitlin said...

Mmm, this looks and sounds awesome! I love salmon in any application, and panko bread crumbs always make things look restaurant-quality. Yum.

gaga said...

Wow, those look sooo good. I love salmon cakes!

Talita said...

Original and so tasteful sounds!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hmm, I haven't had salmon cakes in so long. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Ocean Frieght said...

It is very nice.. It looks very nice to eat.. I like it..

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.