Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Parmesan Fries



I had a sheet of puff pastry left in the freezer so I turned them into a bread stick of sorts, when I laid them out for my husband to take the picture for our site he took a good look at them and said they looked like fries. So when it came time to name my creation my husband again stated how they looked like fries and how he wanted to use that in the title. I told him the name sounded good to me and here is the method I used to make fries out of puff pastry.


1 - Thawed Sheet Puff Pastry
1 - Egg
1 Tbs. - Heavy Cream
2 Tbs. - Parmesan Cheese Powder
1/2 Tbs. - Garlic Salt

Lay the dough out flat on some wax paper, using a fluted pastry wheel cut a small amount of the outer edge off all the way around. Cut the dough in half and then cut the 2 sections into strips. Lay the strips on a parchment lined baking sheet, mix the egg and cream together and brush onto each strip. Mix the cheese and garlic salt in a small bowl then sprinkle liberally onto each strip of pastry. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.


Click here to Print Recipe...

5 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Wow! These look yummy!

Jennifer said...

Those look yummy, I must try them!

Anonymous said...

What a cute presentation. You two have such novel ideas. They look deliscious.

grace said...

what a terrific way to use up spare puff pastry! my method of choice? cinnamon sugar. :)

gaga said...

Yum, those look so good. Perfect as a party appetizer. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.