Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dinner



I really don’t know where my mom came up with this recipe but it’s very simple and yummy. I have changed it just a bit from the way she does it but it is still just as simple and yummy.
My husband & kids really like it.


1 Lbs. Ground meat (Beef, Turkey or Chicken)
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
2 Cups Water
2/3 Cup Ketchup
2 Tbs. Mustard (Whatever brand you like)
2 Cups Minute Rice (I like brown)
4 oz Grated cheese (I use Cheddar)

Brown the meat and onion in a frying pan, stir in water, ketchup, & mustard then bring to a boil. Stir in the rice then cover and remove from heat to sit for about 5-8 min. Remove the cover and sprinkle on the cheese then recover to melt the cheese for about 3 min.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks like one I could really use often as it seems quick and easy, and good, of course.:)
Mom

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.