Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cold Strawberry Soup



A few weeks ago one of my driver's at work brought me a half flat of fresh local strawberries, I was so surprised by this. My husband and I hulled them and then froze the berries so we could use them all summer long. Now that the hot summer days have finally arrived in Beaverton I took some out of the freezer to make something a little sweet for dessert tonight, I also wanted to make something I have not tried before. I came across a recipe that sounded just like what I was looking for, simple not too fussy, cold and delish.


2 C. - Hulled Sliced Fresh or (thawed) Frozen Strawberries
1 C. - Orange Juice
8 Oz. - Yoplait Light French Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 Tsp. - Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. - Sugar
Whip Topping

In a blender combine the berries, juice, yogurt, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Refrigerate until cold before serving. Pour into a bowl or cup and top with a dollop of whipped cream, then enjoy this cold refreshing dessert soup on a hot summer night.


Click here for Printable Recipe...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love strawberry soup, I recently made some and devoured it.

Curt said...

That sounds great. I love strawberries, and that's a very clever way to use them.

The JR said...

That's beautiful. I bet it was delicious!

teresa said...

love love love it!

Unknown said...

A restaurant I used to work at made a strawberry soup! I miss it! I bookmarked this to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks you very much.
Your blog is delicious, jejejeje.

Take care.

Becca's Dirt said...

Good morning MaryBeth. So glad you stopped by my blog Beccas Cooking. I'm excited about sharing lots of good recipes. I can't wait to come browse your recipes. This strawberry soup sounds so good and refreshing. I didn't see a place to follow you but I'm going to your facebook page.

Biz said...

Look at how colorful that is!! Was it really sweet? If it were me I would add some sriracha to it. :D

MaryBeth said...

Hi Becca...I am glad that you wish to follow our site on Face Book, but you can also find the follow me for our blog just under the picture of our puppy Sophie.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

MaryBeth, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I will be back to visit you!!! Susan

Maureen said...

OMG this sounds like the best thing to eat EVER ! I can't wait to try this and I'd probably eat so much I'd explode. :)

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.