Sunday, June 26, 2011

Basil Pesto



I was lucky enough the other day to have been given a fresh live basil plant. I knew just what I was going to do with it...make some pesto. I have never made it before and have only bought it from the store a few times. This was so simple and easy to make, I have already came up with an idea of how to use it also, but that will be another posting.


2 C. - Fresh Basil Leaves
3 Tbs. - Minced Garlic
1/4 C. - Pine Nuts
2/3 C. - EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 C. - Grated Parmesan Cheese

Place into a food processor the basil, garlic and pine nuts. Pulse just until it is in a coarse chop. Pour through the feed tube the evoo and blend for a few seconds. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse well to combine. Store in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks.


Makes 1 Cup.

Click here for Printable Recipe...

7 comments:

Ali said...

Yum, pesto is so delicious. I think mainly I've had pesto with pasta, but I'm sure there are all sorts of ways you could use it.

Unknown said...

my favorite kid of pesto. Love it on crostini, pasta, and I even spread a thin layer in my grilled cheese!

Pam said...

This is my favorite pesto, hands down and I bet this is great with the pine nuts.

The Country Cook said...

It turned out really good. You just can't beat the fresh stuff. I usually buy it jarred but it is so nice to make it fresh when the basil is blooming! Your pictures is so pretty too!

The JR said...

Yum, that sounds good!

Anonymous said...


oh.. so nice post.)
Love your blog.))

I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
1. Why did you create a blog?
2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
3. How long will it keep going?

Biz said...

I never even tried pesto until a few years ago - now I love it!

Score on the fresh basil - hope you are having a great week!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.