Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff



Last Sunday my husband and I celebrated Valentine’s Day, he cooked me a fabulous breakfast and in return I cooked him a wonderful slow cooker meal. Let me ask you this...do you ever have cravings for food from your child hood? From time to time I do, about a week ago I had such a huge craving for Dinty Moore Beef Stew. I wanted a bowl of this stew so bad I could actually smell it cooking in the house, how weird is that? The next day on my way home from work I stopped at the store and bought a can for us to have for dinner, on the can I found a recipe that to me sounded so simple yet delish. I did make a few changes to the recipe to call it my own, so this is the recipe that I chose to cook for my honey on Valentine’s Day.


3 C. - Rotini Noodles (uncooked)
1 (10 1/2oz) - Can Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 C. - Beef Broth
2 Tbs. - Johnny's Garlic Seasoning
1/2 C. - Sour Cream
1 Large Can - Dinty Moore Beef Stew

In the slow cooker combine the noodles, soup, stew, broth and seasoning. Stir to mix the items well. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. After the 2 hours of cooking turn off the slow cooker and stir in the sour cream. Serve with a side salad and some garlic toast for a great tasting and easy supper.


Click here for Printable Recipe...

9 comments:

Brandie@thecountrycook said...

I absolutely crave food from my childhood! So I know exactly what you mean. This sounds so good and I love anything I can make in my slow cooker. So sweet that you and your husband made meals for each other - love it!!

teresa said...

i have cravings like that too! this looks just delicious and very filling!

Leslie said...

WOW..that is a simple yummy recipe!!!

Unknown said...

I love Stroganoff! This one looks so easy and yummy : )

kita said...

This looks so easy - and yet who doesn't love beef stroganoff! Can't wait to try :D

grace said...

this is the version of beef stroganoff with which i grew up, and i love it! i think my mom added a bit more sour cream and no broth, so ours was uber thick and creamy! :)

Anonymous said...

Should I assume a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew is also an ingredient for this recipe?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Should I assume a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew is also an ingredient for this recipe?

Ummmmm... yes, since it is in the ingredients list.

sunshinelak said...

This looks delicious! I am not a great cook, but I do enjoy trying:) I love anything I can put in the slow cooker:) Question for you, if I wanted to double the stew amount, would I double the other ingredients exactly? I am sure I can do the sour cream to taste, but would I need as many noodles and garlic spice? Thank you in advance!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.