Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Sliders



Last Saturday my husband and I were in downtown Portland, we drove past Williams & Sonoma and they had a picture of sliders hanging in the window. I told my husband that we should make some for our Father’s day posting and so we started to think of things we could do. My husband came up with the spice mix for the ground beef, I thought of 2 sauces we could use on the buns and our daughter Trisha wanted caramelized onions on the third slider. These were so much fun to make and even more fun to eat, I have never had them before but I will most certainly have them again.


Burgers:

1 Lbs. - Ground Beef
1 Tsp. - Garlic (chopped)
1 Tsp. - Sweet Mesquite Seasoning
1/2 Tsp. - Smoked Paprika
1/8 Tsp. - Johnny's Garlic Seasoning
1/8 tsp. - Ground Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp. - Thai Seasoning

Salt & Pepper
12 King Hawaiian Dinner Rolls

Mix the meat and spices together, divide into 12 walnut sized balls and then shape into patties. Cook over medium high heat on a grill pan for about 5 minutes per side. Serve with the following toppings...


Caramelized Onions:

1/2 - Red Onion
2 Tbs. - Butter
1/2 Tsp. - Brown Sugar

Sauté the onions in the butter for about 20 minutes and then stir in the sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.


Honey Mustard Mayo:

1/3 C. - Mayo
1 Tbs. - Honey Mustard
1/2 Tbs. - Honey
1/2 Tbs. - Spicy Brown Mustard

Mix Well

Garlic Mayo:

1/3 C. - Mayo
1/2 Tsp. - Chopped Garlic
1/2 Tsp. - Johnny's Garlic Seasoning

Mix Well

Click here to Print Recipe...

1 comment:

Sonya said...

YUM! I wish we were neighbors:)

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.