Thursday, April 23, 2009

Teriyaki Burgers



We have been having some wonderful sunny days this week so my husband and I decided to crack open the BBQ and have some burgers, not just some plain old ordinary burgers mind you. Oh no, we pulled out all the stops and had some exceptionally flavorful, mouthwatering and juicy burgers. In all honesty I think this was the best burger we have ever created.


1 Lbs. - Ground Beef
3 Tbs. - Teriyaki Sauce
1 Tbs. - Honey
1 Tsp. - Sea Salt
3/4 Tsp. - Ground Ginger
2 Tbs. - Chopped Garlic
1 Tbs. - Pineapple Juice
1 - Egg
4 Tbs. - Panko Crumbs
2 Slices - White Cheddar
2 - Pineapple Rings
2 - Large Burger Buns (toasted)


In a bowl mix together the first 9 items; be careful not to over mix the meat. Separate into 2 large sections and form into burgers (best to form and throw on the BBQ or you might get by with putting them on wax paper, due to there stickiness). On a hot BBQ, cook on each side for about 10 minutes, when the meat is almost done place 1 piece of cheese onto each burger and put the pineapple rings on the grill to get some grill marks on both sides. When the meat is done, place a pineapple ring onto each burger, and each burger onto a toasted bun. Serve hot with chips or tater salad and an ice cold beer.


Click here to Print Recipe...

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

YUM that looks good!

Anonymous said...

I put soy sauce in my burgers sometimes but haven't tried teriyaki yet. Sounds excellent and I love the pineapple rings in the burger too!

Amy said...

Those look SOOOO good. They are making me hungry! I remember in college there was a burger place I would go to and get one of these....oh how I miss the burger. I will definatly have to try this soon!

hungryandfrozen said...

That pineapple looks so good! I love the idea of adding teriyaki sauce to the burger, I bet it tastes amazing... :)

teresa said...

You're totally speaking my language with this one. I love pineapple with hamburgers, YUMMY!

Debbie said...

The soy sauce and pineapple sounds wonderful....

Brenda Campbell said...

Ok that is what I want for dinner tomorrow night! I am sure hubby wouldn't mind grilling up some of those teriyaki is one of my favorites. You never fail me for great recipes, Mary Beth!

Elyse said...

The best burger you've ever made?! Now, I've got to try it!! Sounds totally amazing. I just love the pineapple adn cheese combo you've got going on. What a perfect way to celebrate the grilling weather!! Delicious.

Bunny said...

My hubby loves teriyaki and I'm sure he would love the pineapple on these burgers!!

Brenda Campbell said...

I just have a question for you Mary Beth, how do you get the Click to Print link on your posts so people can get a printer friendly version of the recipes, I would like one for my blog.. can you direct me in the right direction? That is a great idea.

Brenda Campbell said...

Mary Beth, we need to exchange emails LOL email me at pacnwfamily1@comcast.net and we can chat and gab all we want, or else gab on twitter, I am following you...I live in West Olympia right by the mall... next time you are up this way, we should do lunch and then blog it LOL

grace said...

fabulous flavor combination, marybeth! i really like the idea of pineapple juice running into the delicious burger, and down my chin. :)

Donna-FFW said...

LOVE this burger idea and topped with pineapple, delicious!

test it comm said...

Teriyaki burgers sound great! Teriyaki works well with pineapple.

gaga said...

I used to always order the teriyaki burger at Islands but haven't been there in ages. Thanks for reminding me how much I loved it. Yours looks fantastic.

Chris De La Rosa said...

Anything topped with pineapple must be good. with the warm temps now setting in in Southern ontarion, I'll have to give this recipe a test. nothing beats fresh made burgers.

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.