Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Taco Soup





Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Installment #2.... We wanted a hearty and slightly spicy soup this week so I found a Taco Soup recipe, who would have ever thought of a taco in a soup version. All of the items for the soup are things we always have on hand in the pantry and freezer so it really made making this soup very easy. I tossed everything in the slow cooker and set it before I left for work and when I got home it had already switched to warm and kept it just perfect until we were ready to serve it.


1 Can (15 oz) - Nalley Thick Chili
1 Can (15 oz) - Whole Corn, with liquid
1 Can (14.5 oz) - Diced Fire Roasted Tomato, with liquid
1 Can (8 oz) - Tomato Sauce
1 Can (15 oz) - Black Beans, with liquid
1 Packet - Taco Seasonings
1/8 C. - Liquid Smoke
3 Tbs. - Hot Sauce
2 Tbs. - Garlic (chopped)

Combine all ingredients in a greased slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips then garnish with grated cheese and sour cream. This will serve 4-6.


Click here to Print Recipe...

18 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like another great recipe. I love liquid smoke.. Ive not had it with black beans as of yet. Thanks for the idea.

Kaitlin said...

Yum! I do love my slow cooker and am always looking for more recipes! I'll have to add this to my list.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! The liquid smoke must add a unique flavor here.

Jennifer said...

Is that the one in the Food Day a few weeks back?

Jennifer said...

p.s. I had the Salmon Patty, it was wonderful as was the pasta! Thanks for sharing!

MaryBeth said...

No, this was a recipe I found in my 101 Things to Do with a Slow Cooker. I used their base recipe then added a few of my own things...like the liquid smoke.

MaryBeth said...

Oops I forgot, I am so glad to hear that you liked the salmon cakes.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a really good and hearty soup! I love anything Mexican!!!

Nina Timm said...

Well with winter just a couple of months away, I am bookmarking these soup recipes!!! Thx for visiting my site!

Anonymous said...

Love this recipe! I love all things Mexican!

Unknown said...

Wow! This looks great!! It would be perfect to bring to school for lunch with some tortilla chips. :)

Bradley said...

I love chili, and I also love spicy food. This looks like a great recipe. It's awesome when people put corn in chili, it makes it so much better. What hot sauce did you use?

grace said...

yet again, we have simple, easily-obtainable ingredients combining to create a wonderful dish. this is something i would enjoy immensely. :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I have been on a Mexican food kick lately I know my husband and I would be over the moon with this soup!

MaryBeth said...

Bradley....I used Louisiana Select Certified Cajun Hot Sauce, but I'm sure what ever your favorite brand is will be great.

Selba said...

I love chilli! This taco soup sounds so delish...

Btw, MaryBeth, I also have a dapple dachshund at home named Adele. She is 1 1/2 years and has 2 wonderful puppies - Bella Ellen and Vincent Timothy, that just turned to be 3 months old :)

CC11 said...

I was craving Nacho's just last night! - except I didn't feel like crunching on too many chips - this would be a perfect alternative.

test it comm said...

Taco soups like this are quick and easy and taste great!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.