Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sausage Egg Bites



Every year our family gets together for Super Bowl and we do it pot luck style, this year I wanted to try something a little different. Back on 1-10-09 I was doing my nightly commenting when I stumbled across a great looking item on Elizabeth’s Edible. She had made Mini Frittatas with Ham and Cheese. I thought they looked perfect for my Super Bowl contribution, I did however make a few changes from her original recipe but I still think they turned out awesome and I do believe the family will love them. Thank you Elizabeth for the great recipe idea, I truly love your site.


4 - Eggs
6 - Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Links
¼ - Onion (finely minced)
¼ Tsp. - Cayenne
½ Tsp. - Johnny’s Garlic Season
½ Tsp. - Dry Parsley
1/3 C. - Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

In a small frying pan heat 1 Tbs. of EVOO over medium high heat, cook the onion and sausage until the onions are soft and the sausage in browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you get the egg mixture ready. In a bowl crack in the eggs and whisk in the seasoning and cheese, then stir in the onion and sausage. Place 1 Tbs. of the egg mixture into a mini muffin pan section and top with a few more pieces of cheese. I was able to fill 16 out of the 24 sections of my pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until set. Serve warm or room temperature with some hot sauce, salsa or even sour cream for dipping.



Click here to Print Recipe...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cute finger food - perfect for the big game!

grace said...

my mini muffin tin doesn't get used for savory things often enough. this will do quite nicely--they're the perfect finger food. :)

Andrea said...

What a great idea! And there are endless possibilities as far as variations. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - and you could make it ahead!

Yum!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe and I would love to try these with sausage next time - great idea!

Jennifer said...

you can still drop them by on Sunday ;) They look tasty!

Rebekah said...

These look great!!!!


I gave you a couple of awards! Come and take a look!

La Bella Cooks said...

Perfect little bites, I love it!

calicodaisy said...

MMMmmm, I could use some of those tonight. I'm cold and hungry for something different. -- Michele

Anonymous said...

I've seen breakfast muffins made with muffin batter, but using eggs is such a clever idea!

Leslie said...

these look perfect. great for a brunch

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.