Thursday, December 18, 2008

Candy Cane Punch



Back when the kids were little we had Christmas at our house, my entire family came and it was great. I wanted to wow them with a really cool Christmas themed drink, I found this recipe in an old cook book at the library and it sounded just perfect for the occasion. The drink was a big hit at the gathering and everyone loved it, when I was deciding what I would use for my Christmas blog I knew that I wanted at least one really cool drink, I immediately pulled out this old recipe and knew that I wanted to share it with all of you.


2 10oz.
- Frozen Raspberries
1 Q. - Cran-Apple Drink
3 Tbs. - Lemon Juice
1 Q. - Peppermint Ice-Cream
Candy Canes

Thaw the berries then in a sauce pan mix the berries, lemon juice and cran-apple drink and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour through a strainer pushing on the berries to release all of the juice. Pour into mugs or pretty stemware and place 1 scoop of ice cream into each glass. You can either garnish with a small candy cane stirrer or rim your stemware with crushed candy canes. This drink can be served cold or hot.


Click here to Print Recipe...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

This sounds very interesting. I may have to try this. Either Christmas or New Year's Eve. Check your email. :-)

grace said...

peppermint combined with raspberries? and cran-apple? what a mixture--it sounds (and looks) like heaven in a glass. :)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, my kids would just love this!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.