Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Butter Parfaits



As promised here is my first installment of a Thanksgiving Day dessert recipe. I found this recipe in a magazine my Mom had at her house, it looked and sounded yummy and I knew at that very moment I needed to give a try. This recipe makes 6 single parfait glass servings, but if you have a bigger crowd you can very easy make enough for a trifle bowl to feed a larger gathering.


1 Spice Cake Mix
1 – 8oz Cream Cheese (soften)
2 C. Extra Creamy Cool Whip
1 – 10oz Jar Pumpkin Butter

Prepare cake mix according to package directions; cool and cut into small pieces. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and cool whip and beat until smooth. Crumble cake into the bottom of each dish then layer on pumpkin butter and top with cool whip mixture, repeat layers ending with pumpkin butter. Garnish with additional cool whip and nuts. Chill until ready to serve.


Click here to Print Recipe...

6 comments:

amycaseycooks said...

These parfaits include all my favorite components. I am putting this recipe on my Thanksgiving menu - Thanks!!

Amy said...

Looks so yummy! I love pumpkin!

Jennifer said...

That was freaking delicious! thanks for sharing, I gave John ONE bite and snarfed the rest!

grace said...

what a marvelous creation. easy, quick, and in no way lacking in fabulousness. sounds good to me. :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This has all my favorite ingredients. Your parfaits look delicious.

test it comm said...

That looks good! Nice way to enjoy some pumpkin butter.

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.