Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sinful Mashed Potatoes



I was having a craving for mashed potatoes and wondered what I could do to make them a wee bit more sinful, not that anything is wrong with a good butter and milk mashed potato but I was in the mood for something a little different. I took a look at what I had on hand in my fridge and this recipe, (not really a recipe but more of a method really) is what I came up with.

6 Serving Instant Mashed Potatoes (Real would be Awesome)
1/2 Small Diced Onion
2 Tbs. Prepared Pesto
1/4 C. Parmesan (Powder)
2 Tbs. Chopped Garlic
1 Tbs. Johnny’s Garlic Season

Cook the onion and garlic in some EVOO until soft with just a little brown color, while you are cooking the onion prepare the potatoes according to the package instructions. When the onion, garlic mixture is done and the potatoes are ready stir them together. Once mixed add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound delicious! I have started adding cream cheese to my mashed potatoes, because the butter/cream combination wasn't fattening enough. :)

Jennifer said...

Looks good to me!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

You are right - These look great. Comfort food at it's finest! I actually love Katies idea of adding cream cheese - never thought of that!!

aleta meadowlark said...

I definitely prefer instant to old-fashioned mashed potatoes. And I'm a total food snob too. Yours sound especially delightful!

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.